Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in the transmission???

Hoping someone can help. I am hesitant to order parts because try as I might I cannot find the sticker with the serial number. Can anyone tell me the year model by these photos and also what may have caused this???
    Attached Files:
    Free Download, courtesy of Golf Carts Forum

My guess is Yamaha G22, which had a small parking brake in the corner of the brake pedal, when earlier models like the g16 or g19 had a parking brake that ran across the full top of the brake pedal

G22 also had rack and pinion steering

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The hole in your case could have been caused by several factors. The hole suggests that something inside the unit broke and caused the damage, rather than something striking it from the outside. One common cause is a mechanical failure inside such as a gear breaking apart. When gears or other internal components fail, they can become projectiles, hitting the inside of the case with enough force to crack it. This usually happens due to excessive wear, insufficient lubrication, or manufacturing defects. Alternatively, sometimes debris from the road or an impact to the bottom of the cart can cause internal damage that manifests as a hole.

Given the location of the hole near the primary gear, it's likely that a gear or a bearing failed. This could have happened suddenly if the differential was under a heavy load or gradually due to long term wear and tear. If the differential hasn't been serviced regularly, lack of oil or contaminated oil could accelerate wear on the gears, leading to this kind of failure.

The cart looks like a really nice project. With a bit of work, you should be able to get it running again. Here’s what I’d suggest as your next steps. Start by draining the differential oil and carefully inspect it. Pop the pan off, if no large chunks of metal come out and the rear differential doesn’t make any unusual noises when you drive, you might be able to seal the hole and continue using it. If you find chunks of metal in the oil or the differential makes noise, you’ll need to pull the unit for a more detailed inspection. This will allow you to see the extent of the internal damage and determine whether you need to replace the gears, bearings, or the entire differential assembly.

I'm attaching to this post the differential / transmission guide, which should provide you with detailed instructions on disassembling, inspecting, and reassembling your rear. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!
      Attached Files:
      Free Download, courtesy of Golf Carts Forum

Comment

thank you so much for the thorough reply. I plan to start messing with it soon! Hope it’s no too expensive of a fix we love this cart . We also have an electric cart but it isn’t nearly as fun

Posted earlier by golfcartg
        The hole in your case could have been caused by several factors. The hole suggests that something inside the unit broke and caused the damage, rather than something striking it from the outside. One common cause is a mechanical failure inside such as a gear breaking apart. When gears or other internal components fail, they can become projectiles, hitting the inside of the case with enough force to crack it. This usually happens due to excessive wear, insufficient lubrication, or manufacturing defects. Alternatively, sometimes debris from the road or an impact to the bottom of the cart can cause internal damage that manifests as a hole.

Given the location of the hole near the primary gear, it's likely that a gear or a bearing failed. This could have happened suddenly if the differential was under a heavy load or gradually due to long term wear and tear. If the differential hasn't been serviced regularly, lack of oil or contaminated oil could accelerate wear on the gears, leading to this kind of failure.

The cart looks like a really nice project. With a bit of work, you should be able to get it running again. Here’s what I’d suggest as your next steps. Start by draining the differential oil and carefully inspect it. Pop the pan off, if no large chunks of metal come out and the rear differential doesn’t make any unusual noises when you drive, you might be able to seal the hole and continue using it. If you find chunks of metal in the oil or the differential makes noise, you’ll need to pull the unit for a more detailed inspection. This will allow you to see the extent of the internal damage and determine whether you need to replace the gears, bearings, or the entire differential assembly.

I'm attaching to this post the differential / transmission guide, which should provide you with detailed instructions on disassembling, inspecting, and reassembling your rear. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Posted earlier by gracelambo
          thank you so much for the thorough reply. I plan to start messing with it soon! Hope its no too expensive of a fix we love this cart . We also have an electric cart but it isnt nearly as fun
          Well, ain't that the spirit! They say lovin a cart is like lovin a good dog, loyal, dependable, and always up for a joyride. As for the fix, reckon it's all part of the journey, ain't it? Sometimes it's the twists and turns that make the ride worthwhile.

Reminds me of the time I found myself waist deep in a mess with a cranky cart. I was meanderin through the back nine just enjoyin the breeze when suddenly, poof! The cart went kaput. Spent hours tinkering, tryin to figure out what went awry. Turns out, it was a loose wire! But boy, did that ordeal feel like a quest straight through the Bermuda Triangle. Anyhow, don't mind me chimin in! Here's hopin your cart's back to its old self soon enough. And hey, ain't no shame in favorin one cart over another, gotta keep the fun rollin wherever you roam!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X