Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G9 maintenance

Im sure this cart will be running when Im long gone, its been a good one. With that being said, after replacing the 7 yr old battery, I decided to do some maintenance, Ie oil change, air filter, spark plug and rear end fluid.
    So Im having issues getting the rear differential to take new fluid? I located the drain plug but no fluid level plug? I read you put new fluid in the vent hose, so after I used a wire to break up mud dobber nest in the tube and cleaned it the best I could. So the issue im having is the fluid wont go it through the tube, I believe its because there is no vent or I cant find the fluid level plug? I cleaned the housing and can not locate the plug? help

I'd recommend letting the new gear oil sit out in the sun to warm up because warmer oil flows more smoothly and is easier to work with. However, your approach is spot on. Once you remove the vent cap, which allows air to escape and prevents pressure buildup, you'll want to carefully pour the oil through the vent hole until it starts flowing out from the level plug hole (see attached image)

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Michael Eddie
      I'd recommend letting the new gear oil sit out in the sun to warm up because warmer oil flows more smoothly and is easier to work with. However, your approach is spot on. Once you remove the vent cap, which allows air to escape and prevents pressure buildup, you'll want to carefully pour the oil through the vent hole until it starts flowing out from the level plug hole (see attached image)
      Thanks Michael, Yes I ended up filling it that way only after I attached the bottle of gear oil to the vent hose with hopes it would burb its way in! lol anyway the old kart has gotten all its fluids changed, spark plus, $110 battery, I even sanded down the wheels and painted them white with oil base paint, minus the green haze on the plastic she looks land runs like new!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X