Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 volt batteries show 12 volts

I have a 48 volt Yamaha. golf cart, new to me yesterday,charged it all night.
    When I check individual batteries with multi meter,they show over 12 volts. The main positive and main negative show over 77 volts
    Whats wrong here?

I forgot, I have six 8 volt batteries.

Comment

It's important to give the battery pack some time to settle after charging as it can take 12 to 24 hours for the pack to stabilize and show its true capacity. Typically, the voltage cutoff for any 48V golf cart charger should be in the range of 56V to 65V when fully charged. However, the reading you're getting does seem a bit high, which raises some questions. I'm curious about what type of charger you’re using and how your battery setup is configured. That information could help pinpoint any issues.

Comment

You want to know what was wrong, faulty multi meter, replaced it with a new one and 8.4 on every battery and 51.5 on the main.

Comment

Posted earlier by Yamaha Gary
          You want to know what was wrong, faulty multi meter, replaced it with a new one and 8.4 on every battery and 51.5 on the main.
          That’s definitely an interesting twist when the issue turns out to be the tools themselves! Thanks for the update, enjoy the new cart Gary!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X