Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting a Ghost

Model: 2007 YDRE 48V with 4each 12V batteries.

Whether or not the ignition key is in the cart or not. With the switch turned in the off position, I can depress the accelerator pedal, and the cart whines.
    When the key is in, and turned on, It will run/accelerate, and will even do pretty well as long as I keep the batteries charged.

It's when I stop that I realize there is a problem. The aforementioned whine continues even with the brake fully engaged. When I switch the cart to Tow Mode, the solenoid deactivates, and the whine ceases.

After I put the Tow switch back to Normal Operation, the solenoid re-engages.

I have tested the ignition switch, it is working normally. I have double checked the battery wiring, it is correct. I have ensured all connections are tight.

Any hints, advice, or opinions are deeply appreciated. I have waaaaaayyyy too much money in this thing to not repair it.

Thanks in advance,
    Klell

It sounds like you've got a curious situation there! The noise can be a bit of a mystery but a good first step is to remove the rear access cover. This will give you a better chance to pinpoint where that sound is coming from. Run the cart and listen carefully to try to isolate it by getting as close as you can while being mindful of moving parts.

Use a piece of flexible tubing or a mechanic's stethoscope. Just hold one end near the suspected parts and the other end to your ear. This can help amplify the sound and give you a clearer idea of where it's originating. If it seems to be coming from the motor, check for any signs of brush wear or damage, and if it's the controller or solenoid, make sure everything is connected tight.

Keep in mind, if the sound changes when you engage the brake or accelerator that can provide additional clues. This should help you narrow it down. And of course, feel free to share any more details or observations as you go

Comment

One more idea I wanted to throw your way that I missed earlier is the possibility of it only being the solenoid. It sounds like the solenoid might be slightly sticking in the 'on' position, which could explain why the cart continues the humming noise even with the key off. When you switch to Tow Mode, it deactivates the solenoid, which is why the noise stops. A solenoid that's partially stuck or not disengaging properly could be the cause.

Comment

Dude, solenoid for sure, like 90% sure! But definitely see what others say too, there’s some serious knowledge around here!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X