Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed problem with my 94 g8

Hello, I just put new batteries and a new soleniod in my 94 yamaha golf cart i recently got. It runs good, but it feels like it has more power and torque in reverse then forward. It only does about 8-10mph in forward. I tried swithcing the wires for the soleniod around but it didnt change anything. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

It sounds like you've made some significant upgrades with the new batteries and solenoid. However, it can be a bit puzzling that you're experiencing more power and torque in reverse than forward, along with a limited top speed of 8-10mph in forward gear after all of that. It's great that you tried switching the solenoid wires around, but it seems like that didn't resolve the issue.

First off check the forward/reverse (F&R) switch and its wiring. If there's an issue with the switch, it could be affecting the power delivery to the motor in the forward direction. I'd recommend checking the connections and functionality of the F&R switch to make sure it's operating correctly. If everything looks good there and given the symptoms, the likely culprit could be a faulty throttle sensor or its wiring. A worn out, malfunctioning or misaligned throttle sensor could result in uneven power distribution between forward and reverse gears. I'd suggest inspecting the throttle sensor and its wiring checking for proper connection and calibration. If everything appears to be in order with the throttle system, it's worth considering other potential factors such as motor or controller issues. While it's rare for those components to malfunction, sometimes unexpected interactions between components can lead to performance discrepancies. Keep us updated on your progress, and if you need any further assistance don't hesitate to reach out.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X