Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a fj 350a controller cable

So I have been trying to make a controller cable for a racka golf cart with a fj 350a controller. I have a USB to 5v TTL UART Serial Cable and an automotive 4 pin connector. The fj controller uses 3 wires. No mater what I do I cannont get it to connect to the evolution software. I think I fundamentally do not understand what I need from my hardware connections. I have been told its a 19200 baud rate so that eliminated 1 variable. since it is 3 wire I assumed TX RX and GND. But I have been reading there is a handshake protocol so I also tried plugging the cts to gnd because I saw somewhere that some other serial controller worked that way. Still get nothing. So I believe I'm just not getting the right wires to the right pins. Anyone have any thoughts on which wires of Tx, RX, GND, CTS, RTS, and VCC I need. Im assuming I dont need VCC since the evolution software wont work unless the golf cart is on. I assume the controller is getting any power it needs from the battery during programming. I asked this question on buggies gone wild too but for some reason I cant get on that site tonight.

you might need a legit ftdi chip usb to 5v ttl uart serial cable cause you probably gotta mess with the ftdi chip settings a bit. if its anything like the curtis connections you can try connecting black gnd to pin 2, txd (orange) to pin 1, and rxd yellow to pin 3. just leave pin 4 blank. that’s just a guess tho so like don’t come at me if it doesn’t work lol​

Comment

It's a legit ftdi. I tried txd, rxd, and ground in all 3 positions and got no connection.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X