Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melex Part II

So, I installed all the batteries as instructed and at first I got nothing but a click. The cart has been sitting for a while so a good couple of taps on the engine got everything to work! Now here's the situation.. when I push the gas pedal down and start to move everything is fine until I get about 75% throttle. If I push down anymore, the motor shuts off. Is there something else I need to clean? Is it a controller? I'm not sure. Please help. I'm not sure how to post a video...
    In reverse, this thing will give you whiplash if your not ready. Is there a solution for this?

Is it faster top speed in reverse than forward and do you experience the cut-off in power at around 75% throttle in both forward and reverse?

Comment

I will have to check on that...

Comment

It does the same thing in reverse. Anyone have a suggestion?

Comment

Posted earlier by Qtband
          It does the same thing in reverse. Anyone have a suggestion?
          The throttle input is what controls the speed when you press the pedal. When you push down the pedal, it moves a part called a potentiometer, which changes its resistance. This change sends a signal to the controller, telling it how much power to send to the motor. The more you press the pedal, the more power goes to the motor, making the cart go faster. It’s a simple system. Pedal movement adjusts resistance, resistance sends a signal, the signal tells the motor how fast to go. This helps you control your speed smoothly and easily. If its worn out or dirty, you could experience a dip in power, like the motor shutting off at 75% throttle.

Comment

After a full charge, everything seems to be working properly. I think I'm going to try some cleaning. It couldn't hurt.

Comment

With the cart turned off, simply try pressing the accelerator pedal from zero to full throttle, 30 times repeatedly, to see if there is an improvement. This helps "clean" the contacts in a way

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X