Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 EZGO Marathon....because they are Marathon to work on

I was given this cart with multiple assemblies missing. I have replaced them all as well as soe that were hus old and corroded, and I will list them below. I have gotten it to start on the generator. I have put gas into the cylinder through the spark plug hole and gotten to fire there but that's it. The carburetor is getting fuel. Have not performed a a compression test but have put my finger in the spark plug hole and it blows it out. I guess you could call that a redneck compression test.

Here's my list:
    Generator, coil, ignition, carburetor, fuel pump, reed valves, key switch

I have also pulled the spark plug and hit the pedal and do have spark.

Haha, that’s a good one.. These marathons do live up to their name sometimes

The parts you've replaced so far are a good start, but now it's time to move on to some testing to pinpoint the root cause of the problem. First things first, lets dump the old fuel tank and replace it with some fresh fuel mixed to a 128:1 ratio. Assuming you have good spark and the right plug and gap, lets remove the main fuel line off the carburetor and crank the engine. You should have a steady pulse of fuel coming out.

If everything checks out so far, make sure the intake is completely sealed with the air cleaner installed. Then, try starting the engine as usual with choke. While doing this, spray a small amount of carburetor cleaner around the intake plenum and directly at the crank seal. If the engine tries to start, this could indicate a leak in the intake or crank seal.
    Regards

Comment

Thank you Micheal! I have done all of the fuel tank things! Cleaned, checked for cracks, fixed cracks, put new pick up in the tank...I will try the starting fluid around the seals tomorrow and report back!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X