Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 EZGO Marathon Exhaust

I have an 87 marathon and CANNOT find an exhaust pipe going from the engine to the muffler. I've been searching for weeks and even searched for used parts...nothing. Anyone put there know where I can find one? P/N D-14385-G2

It's tough when you're searching for those harder to find parts. The exhaust pipe you’re after is a bit elusive because from what I recall the 1987 - 1988 2pg models had a slightly larger bore size than earlier years. EZGO made that change to get a little more horsepower out of the 2PG engine before moving on to the 3PG in 1989, so the exact fit you need is specific to those years.

I’ve seen the 1983-1986.5 headers floating around online, but I don't think they will be the same size as what you need. Your best bet is to indeed find a used one through the forums. Some custom exhaust shops could also fabricate a pipe depending on your budget. Hopefully you can track down one that fits exactly but if not a custom job might be your best option!

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Posted earlier by golfcartg
      It's tough when you're searching for those harder to find parts. The exhaust pipe you’re after is a bit elusive because from what I recall the 1987 - 1988 2pg models had a slightly larger bore size than earlier years. EZGO made that change to get a little more horsepower out of the 2PG engine before moving on to the 3PG in 1989, so the exact fit you need is specific to those years.

I’ve seen the 1983-1986.5 headers floating around online, but I don't think they will be the same size as what you need. Your best bet is to indeed find a used one through the forums. Some custom exhaust shops could also fabricate a pipe depending on your budget. Hopefully you can track down one that fits exactly but if not a custom job might be your best option!
      I found an exhaust kit on Amazon but the bolt pattern is 2in and mine is 2-3/8. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X