Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 EZGO Robin Engine

I have a 1999 EZGO cart with a Robin Engine EH29C that is smoking. I see where I can send my core in to get rebuilt, but would prefer just to buy an engine. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to order a new/rebuilt engine? Thank you!

Just for kicks, have you checked the oil level? These engines are usually meant to hold about 1.5 quarts of oil, but in certain cases, such as lifted carts or overfilled oil, they can start smoking. Excess oil can enter the combustion chamber during operation, causing blue or white smoke to come out of the exhaust. This could happen simply from the oil being slightly overfilled or if the cart isn't level when it's running. Are you open to running a compression test and sharing the readings?

Comment

Posted earlier by golfcartg
      Just for kicks, have you checked the oil level? These engines are usually meant to hold about 1.5 quarts of oil, but in certain cases, such as lifted carts or overfilled oil, they can start smoking. Excess oil can enter the combustion chamber during operation, causing blue or white smoke to come out of the exhaust. This could happen simply from the oil being slightly overfilled or if the cart isn't level when it's running. Are you open to running a compression test and sharing the readings?
      I haven't ran a compression test, but changed the oil and filled it to the line. I do this every spring. The rest of the summer, I replace plugs and add oil. It needs some TLC, and probably some rings, pistons, and valves. lol

Comment

Posted earlier by Lonniesurveyor

I haven't ran a compression test, but changed the oil and filled it to the line. I do this every spring. The rest of the summer, I replace plugs and add oil. It needs some TLC, and probably some rings, pistons, and valves. lol
        Id drain some oil just a bit to be sure, especially if compression reading are at or above 150psi each cylinder. Regarding your rebuild question, there are sellers on eBay offering rebuilds as an exchange program which is probably what you've encountered. I recommend having your original engine rebuilt rather than exchanging it, so you know exactly what you have. Brand new is discontinued. Additionally, you can print the rebuild book and take the engine to any mechanic shop, automotive shop, or even a lawnmower shop. They can rebuild it for you, often at a reasonable price. You’ll need rings, seals (valve and crank), gaskets (including head gasket), a timing belt, and a complete rebuild kit. I'm attaching the rebuild book to this post for guidance.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X