Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 ez go too much fuel

I have 88 ez go that seems to get too much fuel I have put a new carb on and it does the same thing.It will start and run slow if I hold the pedal all the way down but very hard starting.I took reed valve assembly out and it doesn't look like they seal tight I can look through it and see a little light.I have been looking for a new assembly but can't seem to locate one. Any help would be appreciated. I know my grandkids would love it. Thanks

When it comes to fuel delivery the reed valve plays a key role in this system. Basically it acts as a one way gate, allowing the fuel/air mixture to enter the crankcase while preventing it from escaping back into the carburetor. This process helps create the necessary pressure and vacuum for the fuel pump to pull fuel into the carburetor. Since your carburetor is getting too much fuel, it does indicate that the reed valve is likely functioning to some degree. However, the fact that you see light through the reed valve suggests that it might not be sealing properly, which could affect overall engine performance. You could replace the reed valve petals for a more complete seal if necessary, but the complete reed valve assembly has been discontinued.

Given that you've already replaced the carburetor and the issue persists, it's reasonable to assume the new carb is functioning correctly. The next step is to make sure you're working with clean fuel. Fuel can start to degrade and varnish in as little as six months, leading to clogged passages and poor performance. Make sure your fuel is fresh and the fuel lines and filter are clean. Old or contaminated fuel could cause starting issues and poor engine performance.

After confirming the fuel is clean and the fuel system is working as it should, the next step is to check the top end compression. Low compression can cause hard starting and poor engine performance, as the engine relies on proper compression to ignite the fuel air mixture. Additionally, checking for a strong spark is necessary. The spark plug should be clean and properly gapped, and the ignition system should be delivering a strong spark. Weak or inconsistent spark can lead to similar symptoms of hard starting and rough running.

If you can get back to me with the results of your compression test and spark check, I'll have a better understanding of which direction to take next in the troubleshooting process. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X