Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired EH29C Engine?

I have a 1996 EZGO Textron S/N 947670 MFG # F1196 with a Robins EH29C Gas Engine. I put a Jake lift kit on it and 21X10.5-12 Tires. I adjusted the governor right to the harry edge of its limits. I can only get 19 MPH out of it on flat ground. It is street legal and people get pissed when behind me. It also really slows down going up hill. I checked the compression on the cylinders today and they are good at 150 and 165 psi. It does use a bit of oil and one of the spark plug had some carbon on it. I have been told to change the springs in the clutches and the gears in the axle. Have thought about putting a bigger engine in it but not sure what will fit. I want it to do at least 30 mph and not slow down so much going up hill. This cart is our main transportation while we stay in Key West.
    Any suggestions will be considered and looked into.
    Thank you in advance
    Charlie
    Updated by Cjinfl; October 26, 2017, 05:16 PM.

Charlie, it sounds like you've got a solid foundation with your EZGO, especially with those compression readings. 150psi is inline with specs, and since your engine isn't tired, let's focus on getting more speed out of it.

Rebuilding your drive clutch is a must. Over time, it wears down, which means you’re not getting the power you should. Adding a brand new 28 degree driven clutch on the transaxle and a severe duty GBoost drive belt will help. This belt is tougher and will handle more stress, working perfectly with your modified governor and...

Highspeed gears like the 10.67:1 helical can significantly increase your top speed. However, this will trade off some pulling power, especially noticeable when you're hauling four adults. With this entire setup, you could expect speeds of about 20-24 mph, even with a full load.

Additionally, consider boring out the carburetor and cleaning or upgrading the air filter. This increases the air and fuel flow into the engine, which can provide a notable boost in power and speed. Check your muffler for any plugging. A clogged muffler can significantly reduce engine performance by restricting exhaust flow. Cleaning or replacing it can restore lost power and potentially increase your top speed.

Consider installing high flow fuel lines. This helps your engine gets a consistent supply of fuel especially important if you've modified the carburetor. This can help maintain performance under heavy loads or high speeds. Finally, consider upgrading the exhaust. Less restrictive exhaust system can improve engine efficiency by allowing exhaust fumes to exit more easily. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X