• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L6 72v with new Navitas install and charger problems

Hi all. I appreciate your help with this:

2021 72v (Lead Acid) L6 I just bought.

-Installed the Navitas 600-amp 72 Colt AC TAC2 Contoller
    -Also installed a Curtis Albright 350A 72V Solenoid
    -and replaced battery cables with 2 AWG.

Turn it on and the stock L6 display won't show anything...ok weird. Navitas app works ok. The cart does go forward and back (after I had to flip the two in the app) but VERY SLOWLY. Probably doesn't get above 2 mph and feels very sluggish.

Figure I better charge the batteries and make sure that the OTF controller is set appropriately (it was). When I plug in the charger I got with the cart (QuiQ 1500), it displays a battery low error. Each of the 6 batteries shows 12.44 volts with a multimeter. The app says I have about a 75% charge.

So confused at what could be causing all of this. It isn't drivable and I'm worried I can't charge the batteries with the erorr I'm getting.

Any thoughts?​

I don't know how to edit the post above but got it to finally go faster.

I had to calibrate my throttle to get it to go over 1 mph. It said that it "had an unusually small range of 1.75 and recommneded changing it to 0.32v for 0% and 2.07v for 100% throttle (1.5v and 3.9v is "normal" I guess respectively)

STILL WON'T CHARGE THOUGH. Again, when I plug in the charger I got with the cart (QuiQ 1500), it displays a battery low error. Each of the 6 batteries shows 12.44 volts with a multimeter. The app says I have about a 75% charge.

Any thoughts?​

Comment

Honestly when it comes to Navitas installs I always suggest reaching out to their tech support. They’ve got a great reputation and their team is known for being really helpful and efficient in troubleshooting. It's one of those things where their expertise can save you a lot of time and head scratching and people genuinely rave about their support.

That said, I’d also love to hear if anyone else in the community has run into something similar so please do chime in especially if someone has had the same issue. And if you do find a solution through Navitas, it’d be awesome if you could share it back here. I say that because it helps others who might be searching for the same issue down the line.

As for the sluggish performance and charging error, it could be a few things. The throttle calibration you mentioned might be part of it and it would be worth double checking your battery connections. Even if the batteries read 12.44V, sometimes there can be underlying issues with the pack as a whole or how the charger is recognizing it. Just some thoughts to keep in mind while you troubleshoot.
      Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Michael Eddie
        Honestly when it comes to Navitas installs I always suggest reaching out to their tech support. They’ve got a great reputation and their team is known for being really helpful and efficient in troubleshooting. It's one of those things where their expertise can save you a lot of time and head scratching and people genuinely rave about their support.

That said, I’d also love to hear if anyone else in the community has run into something similar so please do chime in especially if someone has had the same issue. And if you do find a solution through Navitas, it’d be awesome if you could share it back here. I say that because it helps others who might be searching for the same issue down the line.

As for the sluggish performance and charging error, it could be a few things. The throttle calibration you mentioned might be part of it and it would be worth double checking your battery connections. Even if the batteries read 12.44V, sometimes there can be underlying issues with the pack as a whole or how the charger is recognizing it. Just some thoughts to keep in mind while you troubleshoot.
        Thank you for your reply. I think it is my charging port receptacle. No idea why it wouldn't work when each side is attached to their respective battery terminals on the back end but when I test it at the charging port with a voltmeter I get 0 volts.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X