X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 EZGO TXT Series not running

ITS - INDUCTIVE THROTTLE SENSOR

Followed this test procedure

With the key switch ON - Forward direction selected - Push the Accelerator pedal just enough to activate the solenoid.
    Install a "jumper wire" between the batteries BL+ post and the solenoid post with red wires attached.
    AT THE SIX PIN CONNECTOR OF THE CONTROLLER
    Place the (+) probe on the red wire terminal of the connector.
    If battery voltage is not present, the red wire between the solenoid and the six pin connector is faulty.
    Place the (+) probe on the black wire terminal of the connector.
    The reading should be slightly above 14 volts but than 15 volts. If the voltage is not correct, the Throttle Sensor MAY be faulty.
    Separate the 6 pin connector (only 4 are used) between the pedal box and the controller that's located on the passenger's side of the battery compartment.
    If the voltage goes to 14 volts, the sensor is faulty.
    If the voltage remains below 14 volts, the controller is faulty.
    RECONNECT the 6 pin connector.
    Place the (+) probe on the white wire terminal of the six pin connector.
    Depress the pedal slowly. The reading should be 0.45 - 0.53 volts just as the micro-switch is activated.
    Depress the pedal slowly to full throttle.
    As you depress the peddle the reading should move smoothly to about 1.5 volts.
    If the reading is incorrect, The Throttle Sensor is defective.

(Everything tested good to this point)
    REMOVE THE JUMPER WIRE AND (-) PROBE
    CHECKING CONTROLLER OUTPUT Connect (-) probe to M- terminal.
    Connect (+) probe to B+ terminal.
    The reading should indicate approx. 0 volts. (I had battery pack voltage here and stopped testing)
    Slowly depress accelerator pedal.
    The reading should show the voltage increasing to battery voltage when fully depressed. If the voltage is at or near battery voltage and the motor is not turning, then the problem lies in either the forward/reverse switch, the wiring, or the motor.
    If the voltage increases by a few volts and then stops changing while the pedal is being depressed, remove the orange wire at the "Reverse Micro switch".
    If the voltage is not at or near battery voltage, replace the controller.
    If battery voltage is present, the problem lies in the reverse circuit.
    Re-connect the orange wire.

Also checked the motor:

Also tried to test motor with 12V.
    12 volt positive to A1
    A2 jumped to S1
    12 volt negative to S2
    And nothing happened. I think I had a motor going bad and it fried the
    Controller. Does this sound possible?

Tried this again with new brushes in motor

Thanks again for your time!​

Sorry I was in a rush and forgot details

2001 EZGO TXT Series 36 volt, battry pack tested ok 37.7 volts after charging

Comment

At this point I think I have a dead motor and a fried controller. So what is the most practical repair?
      I am happy with the cart when it ran, only ride in yard, may pull small lawn trailer in the future.

Plum Quick and new stock controller....

D & D with stock controller....

Or go all out with new motor, controller, F/R switch and solenoid.

Please let me know your thoughts and reasons. TIA!

Comment

Posted earlier by BeauHymel
        Sorry I was in a rush and forgot details

2001 EZGO TXT Series 36 volt, battry pack tested ok 37.7 volts after charging
        After a full charge u are only around an 85% soc, I would run an individual battery load test just to see if any specific batteries are reading lower than average - What do the batteries settle at a few hours after charging? Does the solenoid click when you press the pedal?

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

37.7 was after settling, All were 6.2v plus/minus 0.02v

Comment

As long as you do not have a run/tow switch, run through the tests detailed in this thread here

The guide may tell you to replace things, ignore that, post your results here first before replacing anything, and if you get stuck anywhere let me know!

Comment

Edit: Start at post #8

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I followed that check as noted above. when I got to step#7: Connect (-) probe to M- terminal. Connect (+) probe to B+ terminal.
                The reading should indicate approx. 0 volts. (I had battery pack voltage here and stopped testing. With advice from a friend, I removed the motor. All the brushes were frozen and connecting wires corroded. I replaced brushes and brush holder. Tried testing/assembling/disassembling several times with no luck.
                Reassembled cart to begin testing again at step #1 the solenoid clicked and motor operated in forward and reverse. WOW!
                must have tried testing the motor wrong, Thanks again for your time and assistance.​

Comment

Awesome, thanks for following up
                  Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X