Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ-GO TXT LOSING POWER

Hey Everyone, so I have an 02 EZ-GO TXT and as of last Friday when I try to drive it , it will have power then go for a little bit and either die completely then jerk and go after doing a few checks of what I thought it might be I'm at a loss when pressing the gas I'm only receiving 8 volts at my controller. thought it could have been my ITS swapped it out still no good, any advice would be great.

Sorry i should have given more information

batterys are new in 2023 all checked and have an over all output at the moment of 35 volts
    ITS microswitch is good
    solenoid is clicking
    went over most wire connections

Comment

Thanks for providing more information, it really helps to get a clearer picture of what’s going on. Based on what you've shared, seeing 35 volts on a battery pack with new batteries from 2023 suggests your pack is sitting at less than 50% state of charge, and that’s likely causing the issues you're experiencing. Normally, a fully charged 36 volt battery pack should read around 38.2 volts or more, and anything below 36 volts is a red flag for low charge. See attached chart for reference.

When your pack is under 50%, it can result in the symptoms you're describing, jerking, losing power, or cutting out, because the controller isn't getting enough voltage to operate properly. A low charge like this can cause your cart to behave inconsistently especially under load when more power is needed.

It’s also possible that a single bad battery is dragging down the whole pack, or there could be a poor connection somewhere. To narrow this down, the next step would be to perform an individual battery load test on each of your batteries. This will tell you if one of them is significantly underperforming. Additionally, it might be necessary to charge each battery individually to bring them back up to full capacity.

After a full charge, let them sit for a hour or so to settle. Each healthy 6 volt should read around 6.37 to 6.4 volts. If you find that any of your batteries are reading significantly lower than this after charging or during a load test, you may have found the culprit. Let me know how the tests go, and we can go from there.

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X