No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerwise Charger only trickle Charging

Hi

I just returned from an overseas trip that was three weeks long. I charged my EZGO 36v cart with my powerwise charger before I left. When I returned I charged it again and all was fine. I ran it through the neighborhood the other day and went to charge it and its only charging on the trickle charge. I have new batteries that are less than four months old. The charger is old (cart is a 2004) and should I be looking to replace it? My brother told me not to buy a charger off amazon but by a replacement board for the powerwise charger.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lotusmonza

Question: did you check to see your batteries have enough voltage to turn on the charger?? You can use a multimeter set to voltage on the main terminals ..

Comment

Posted earlier by cybercart
      Question: did you check to see your batteries have enough voltage to turn on the charger?? You can use a multimeter set to voltage on the main terminals ..
      No but that is a good point. I'll try that. Thanks

Comment

Posted earlier by cybercart
        lowest battery was 6.31 and all in series was 37.87. I think thats about 90% charged.

Comment

When you plug the charger into the power source first, and then connect it to your cart. After connecting it to the cart, listen closely, does the relay click after a delay of about 3-4 seconds? This sound is an important indicator.

If you do hear the relay click, that’s a good sign, but it might also point to another issue. In this case, a blown fuse could be the culprit, which often suggests that the diodes are shorted and need to be replaced.

On the other hand, if you don't hear the relay click, it means the charger isn’t detecting the battery voltage (try cleaning the plug connections), or the control board might be malfunctioning. This could require a more in depth look at the connections and components inside the charger.

To help diagnose the issue further, plug the charger into the cart as described, and pay attention to every detail. For instance, does the relay click, or do you notice a hum from the transformer? Also, see if you can try the charger on a different cart for testing purposes.

Comment

Posted earlier by golfcartg
            When you plug the charger into the power source first, and then connect it to your cart. After connecting it to the cart, listen closely, does the relay click after a delay of about 3-4 seconds? This sound is an important indicator.

If you do hear the relay click, that’s a good sign, but it might also point to another issue. In this case, a blown fuse could be the culprit, which often suggests that the diodes are shorted and need to be replaced.

On the other hand, if you don't hear the relay click, it means the charger isn’t detecting the battery voltage (try cleaning the plug connections), or the control board might be malfunctioning. This could require a more in depth look at the connections and components inside the charger.

To help diagnose the issue further, plug the charger into the cart as described, and pay attention to every detail. For instance, does the relay click, or do you notice a hum from the transformer? Also, see if you can try the charger on a different cart for testing purposes.
            Will do and great advise. I will try it when I get home tomorrow after work. Thanks!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X