Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won’t run when wet

My 2008 RXV does not run if the floorboard gets wet from blowing rain or if I wash (not anymore) the floorboard. I think when water is present, the solenoid is affected.

When the cart dries in the sun, the solenoid clicks and the cart is operable.

thanks for feedback

There’s a charger interlock feature that can disable the cart if the charging receptacle gets splashed with water as it might mistakenly think the charger is plugged in. Start by checking that the receptacle isn’t getting wet. Additionally, the pedal switch, which activates the solenoid, won’t function properly when wet either.

Here is the troubleshooting guide for further reading, the next time it shuts down you can run some tests using a DVM to see where the voltage drops off.
    Attached Files:
    Free Download, courtesy of Golf Carts Forum
    Regards

Comment

Michael, thanks so much. I believe the issue. Involves the pedal switch that may get wet when it rains hard. I’ll check that out. I’m not certain what it looks like, but I’ll certainly look at the information you sent me. A friend of mine looked underneath the cart and found a box below the pedal, that had a flap of some sort. Wish me luck. Thank you.

Comment

Here are some pics showing where the pedal switch is located and how to get to it if it helps, its #7 in figure 4

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Fantastic. I will check out!!!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X