Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller replacement for 94 EZGO 36V w/ Curtis setup

I'm replacing my controller and all the replacements show a 3 blade controller with a 5 pin connector. My current one has 4 blades and only 4 of the 6 pin connector has a wire to them. Where does the remaining blade wire go and does the extra pin just not go to anything on my setup?
    Thnx.

That would be the A2 connection. If you currently have 4 blades, that is considered the older setup, and your A2 should currently run from A2 on the controller C post on the FNR switch. If A2 is missing on the new controller, and it ran from A2 on the controller to C post on the FNR switch, that cable can be removed so that you can install a 3 post controller.

This A2 controller post powered a feature called Plug Braking, which allows you to switch between forward and reverse "on the fly" without locking up the motor. With this feature, when the driver shifts from forward to reverse (or vice versa) without stopping, the controller allows the motor to act as a brake, converting the kinetic energy into electrical energy, which is then dissipated as heat.

Comment

The controller should be here today and I'll see if that works.
      Appreciate the info. Thanks!

Comment

Hey Thanks for the info, the new 3 blade controller works fine with the A2 to C post removed.

Comment

Thanks for the update, really glad to hear it all worked out!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X