Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggy Whip Install

I am installing two buggy whip lights on my 2016 EX GO Electric cart. Basic wiring of one neg and one pos cable but I am curious if it's best to install on one battery or between two. Looking for advice on this.

Nice!!

It's always best to run accessories through a pack voltage to 12 volt reducer. The main reason is so that power is drawn evenly from the entire battery pack preventing any one battery from being overworked.

If you have access to a 12 volt source, like if you're running four 12 volt batteries, you could technically tap into one battery to power your lights. However, doing so would cause an imbalance in your battery pack over time. The battery you tap into will discharge faster than the others, leading to uneven wear and reducing its lifespan. Over time, this can cause problems with the entire pack, the batteries will no longer charge and discharge evenly. The imbalanced battery could drag down the overall performance. Although, tapping into one or two batteries for 12 volt power is common practice by manufacturers, its done to simplify wiring and reduce costs, though it can lead to uneven battery wear over time.
    Updated by Michael Eddie; August 11, 2024, 10:31 PM.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks Michael! I have a 48V system but no reducer. I'll order one and then run the lights through that. I'll drop pics here when it's all done.

Comment

Michael Eddie Thanks agains for the advice. Reducer and whips installed! I have a video but it would not upload.

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X