Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Club Car President Blinkers

I have a 2015 Gas Club Car President. It was my dad's I inherited a couple of years ago. The blinkers have never worked the entire time I have had it. This past weekend I changed all the light bulbs, headlights and blinkers. I also found that the 2-wire flasher relay was bad. I purchased a relay from Autozone that was rated to work on LED bulbs but could never get it to work with it. So I got some incandescent flasher bulbs to use instead and those will light up. My issue now is regardless if I have the turn signal switch in the left, right, or off position both sides constantly blink. The only way to cut them off is to cut the main lighting switch off.

It sounds like you might be dealing with a stuck hazard switch, which could explain why both sides of your blinkers are constantly flashing regardless of the turn signal switch position. Sometimes, even if the switch isn’t obviously engaged, it can get stuck internally or have a wiring issue that causes the hazard lights to remain on. This would be the first place to check, especially since it’s directly related to your symptoms. You might want to inspect the hazard switch for any signs of damage or wear, and if possible, try toggling it on and off a few times to see if it resolves the issue.

Regarding the blinker relay and the use of LED bulbs, your situation with the new relay not working properly might be due to the different power requirements of LEDs compared to incandescent bulbs. LEDs generally require less power to operate, and some traditional flasher relays aren’t designed to handle this lower load, which could result in them not working as expected. The relay you got from Autozone might be compatible with LEDs, but sometimes they still need a bit more tweaking. You could try buying a "timer" blinker relay with an adjustable dial, which allows you to set the blink rate manually. These are quite handy and have been known to work well with a variety of bulb types, including LEDs and incandescents. It’s worth experimenting with one of these to see if you can get your blinkers functioning correctly.

Comment

It might be more practical and less stressful to bypass the existing setup entirely by installing an aftermarket blinker kit, particularly if you suspect that the current wiring is not original or has been altered. Most online kits typically feature clear instructions that simplify the installation process and minimize the need for troubleshooting wiring problems which basically provides a fresh start with a system that is more likely to work correctly.

Comment

Posted earlier by golfcartg
        It sounds like you might be dealing with a stuck hazard switch, which could explain why both sides of your blinkers are constantly flashing regardless of the turn signal switch position. Sometimes, even if the switch isn’t obviously engaged, it can get stuck internally or have a wiring issue that causes the hazard lights to remain on. This would be the first place to check, especially since it’s directly related to your symptoms. You might want to inspect the hazard switch for any signs of damage or wear, and if possible, try toggling it on and off a few times to see if it resolves the issue.

Regarding the blinker relay and the use of LED bulbs, your situation with the new relay not working properly might be due to the different power requirements of LEDs compared to incandescent bulbs. LEDs generally require less power to operate, and some traditional flasher relays aren’t designed to handle this lower load, which could result in them not working as expected. The relay you got from Autozone might be compatible with LEDs, but sometimes they still need a bit more tweaking. You could try buying a "timer" blinker relay with an adjustable dial, which allows you to set the blink rate manually. These are quite handy and have been known to work well with a variety of bulb types, including LEDs and incandescents. It’s worth experimenting with one of these to see if you can get your blinkers functioning correctly.
        If my cart has a hazard switch I have not found it. It is a kit that was installed on it when my dad got the cart new. I have tried to find a wiring diagram for it but have no clue what model kit it is and all the ones now are updated kits. Any tags on the harness have long ago faded and disintegrated. It would have been whatever was on the market back in 2015. I know wiring pretty well. I design and draw wiring diagrams for a living.

Comment

Could be MadJax, does it connect through a bucket harness behind the dash?
          Attached Files:
          Free Download, courtesy of Golf Carts Forum

Comment

Posted earlier by golfcartg
            Could be MadJax, does it connect through a bucket harness behind the dash?
            Yes, with the rectifier under the hood area. But I do not remember seeing any hazard switch. I will look again when I get home from work.

Comment

Got it fixed and feel like an idiot. Some of the install videos I watched showed wiring up a main light switch that killed power to the lighting system. Whoever installed the lights kit used a master light on/off switch as the hazard switch. So I thought I was cutting on the lighting system when I was instead cutting on the hazards. lol.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it sorted out, thanks for the update!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X