Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handheld scanner

Looking for recommendations for a decent hand held scanner for gas Onward golf carts.

Unlike automobiles which use a standardized system for diagnostics, golf carts don’t have such regulations.

This could be because golf carts are typically classified as low speed vehicles with fewer safety and emissions requirements, so manufacturers haven’t been required to adopt a universal system for diagnostics.

Club Car was nice enough to offer a free method to check the engine light codes though. The check engine light itself will flash in a sequence that can be deciphered to figure out the specific code. As for scanners, Club Car offers their own proprietary diagnostic tools at about $900 bucks, but I’m not aware of any aftermarket programmers or software that work for these carts at this time. If anyone has any recommendations or comments feel free to chime in!

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Let me tell ya bout a time I found myself in a bit of a bind lookin for a handheld scanner for my brandy new cart. Now this was just last year when I was tryin to track down a pesky issue, and the scanner I needed was pricier than a summer vacation at a beachfront resort

So I’m wanderin around the repair shop, and I spot this high tech scanner sittin on the counter. I ask the fella runnin the shop if I can use it, and he gives me that look, like he’s weighin whether he should part with it or not.

Now, I’ve always been a bit of a smooth talker when the situation calls for it, so I said, “I know you folks work hard, and I reckon you could use a good meal every now and then.” I then offered to bring over some of my famous homemade barbecue complete with ALL the fixin's, cornbread, baked beans and all.

Well, you shoulda seen his eyes light up! Turns out, he was quite the fan of good southern cookin. So, we struck a deal, I’d drop off a feast, and in return, he’d let me use that scanner to get my cart back.

Anyways Murphy.. Just like how I found a way to get my cart fixed and keep everyone smiling.. I’m bettin you’ll rustle up a scanner fix faster than a chicken in a cornfield LOL

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X