Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 club car

I was checking on something I have a 2022 club car precedent it has acid batteries I'm changing to lifepo lithium battery its a 48 v I need a 48v lithium I know but I know some of newer carts don't need a converter to 12 v some models have a converter from factory installed in newer models so I was checking if I need a converter too so if someone can help me with this issue Thanks

The converter is typically located under the front section of the frame near the dashboard area. You can check yours by looking at the label, which should tell you its voltage range. Some of these factory installed converters are designed to handle a wide range of input voltages, so if yours can accept 48V input, you won’t need to install a separate converter. However, if it’s rated for a lower voltage range, you’ll need to replace or add a converter to step down the 48V to 12V for accessories like lights and the horn.

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Did you read the sticky?

Comment

This what I have IMG_1063.jpg

Comment

This is it

Comment

Posted earlier by UberDan
            Did you read the sticky?
            Yeah I did but it did tell me about a factory in stalled converter that I have on my 2022 club car so I’m trying to figure this out

Comment

That's the factory converter and yes it will work. The IN1 and IN2 connections are your input options and they dictate the voltage range your converter can handle. IN1: 18V-27V is useful for applications involving lower voltage, such as when you're wiring to a couple of lead acid batteries. In this case, the output will typically be lower as well making it suitable for basic accessories like lights or a radio. However, since you’re upgrading to a 48V single lithium battery, you’ll want to focus on IN2 availability, which accepts a much broader voltage range of 27V-106V. This means that when your lithium battery is at its nominal voltage (around 48V), the converter can efficiently step down the voltage to power your 12V accessories.

OUT1 is generally suited for lighter loads like running small LED lights or a basic audio system. On the other hand OUT2 can handle more demanding accessories such as a powerful stereo system or additional electrical components like a GPS or a more demanding lighting system which require a steady supply of 12V.

The labels on the power supply tell you how everything is connected. VI+ and VI- are your input terminals where you’ll connect the 48V lithium battery. This connection will allow the converter to take that higher voltage and step it down to usable levels. For the outputs, VO+ and VO- are where you’ll hook up your 12V devices. The EN (Enable) terminal requires a signal to turn on the output voltage which is a great way to manage power and confirm your accessories only draw energy when needed saving battery life.

Comment

So do I need to take the 16 v connector apart so I just use the 106 v #2 side they are already connected together and ran up thru the the front side

Comment

Posted earlier by Bkmac59
                  So do I need to take the 16 v connector apart so I just use the 106 v #2 side they are already connected together and ran up thru the the front side
                  When you install your new 48V lithium that factory reducer mounted within the front cowl will continue to function perfectly. It’s designed to handle the voltage, so you won’t need to remove it or redo any of its factory wiring. Just install the pack and you should be good to go!​

Comment

Thank you so much for your help been nice to talking to you

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X