Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Newbie needs help

I have a 92 Club Car 36 V. Brand new batteries, new solenoid, new controller. Here's my problem, about a month ago I'm ridding down the street the cart quits with my foot all the way down on the pedal. Took my foot off and pressed again and it ran. Couple days later the same thing but I noticed it happened when I went over a bump. I can hear it click every time I depress the pedal but sometimes it will not move. Pulling out of my garage it quit and would not move no matter what I did. I followed some advise from the university of Google hence the new solenoid and controller, but that did not fix the problem. Here's what I found. If the depress the pedal normal sometimes it will not move. If I depress the pedal slowly till it clicks then continue depressing most of the time it will go. If I slam the pedal down repeatedly if will grab always and shake and shudder like it's trying to wheel every time I do that. I took the potentiometer apart and cleaned it up with wet sand paper and noticed the wear marks were not even. It does have a micro switch that I replaced about 6 years ago. It almost feels like a loose connection but I can't find any loose connections. Since I cleaned up the potentiometer it does not quit when I run over bumps no matter how fast I go over the bumps. Could that be where my problem is? Can I replace the potentiometer with something else? Does anyone have any suggestions?

You’re on the right track. The uneven wear is a clue but to confirm you'll need to run a quick test

When the cart is acting up, grab your multimeter and set it to 20kΩ. Disconnect and place the probes on the black and white wires from controller terminals #2 and #3. Those are the two signal wires that run from your pot box to the controller.

With the key off and the FNR in forward, check the resistance from the moment the pedal microswitch clicks until the pedal is fully depressed. It should read 0Ω to about 5kΩ. If not, the potentiometer could be the issue.
    Updated by Michael Eddie; 3 weeks ago.
    Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Michael Eddie
      You're on the right track. The uneven wear is a clue but to confirm you'll need to run a quick test

When the cart is acting up, grab your multimeter and set it to 20kΩ. Disconnect and place the probes on the black and white wires from controller terminals #2 and #3. Those are the two signal wires that run from your pot box to the controller.

With the key off and the FNR in forward, check the resistance from the moment the pedal microswitch clicks until the pedal is fully depressed. It should read 0Ω to about 5kΩ. If not, the potentiometer could be the issue.
      Thanks Michael, I'll give it a try next week. I'm tied up till then. I got a bunch of honey due projects first.
      Updated by Michael Eddie; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X