No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date code deciphering

The model and date code: A 1 8 9

I figure the 9 may be the month, but 1 8 is confusing to me.

Can you help me with the 1 8 9, Thanks

Try using the Club Car serial number decoder tool to identify your cart, but keep in mind that the serial number usually follows a specific format. It typically starts with one or two letters, followed by four numbers, a dash, and then a unique identifier. The key part of the serial number for identification is the combination of the initial letter(s) and the numbers that appear before the dash. For models from 1997 and newer, you should find a serial number sticker under the dash, as well as another one behind the dash console to the right of where the key switch is located.

Photos Attached

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

From the decoding instructions.

- The first 1 or 2 letters determines the Model

- The next 2 determines the Year

- The next set identifies the week of production

So I come up with,

Model: DS

Year: 2018

Week of production: 9

Do you believe that I have deciphered it correctly?

Comment

The Club Car DS stopped production around 2014, so if it’s a DS model, it’s definitely not from 2018. Do you have a stamped serial number plate, like the one shown in the attached photo, or is the serial number printed on a sticker?

Photos Attached

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It has a stamped plate like you show.

Comment

A stamped serial number plate suggests that the cart is from 1995 or earlier. Stamped plates were commonly used before 1995 so this can help narrow down the cart’s year range

Comment

Thank you, I didn't think it was 2018, considering the aged condition of the electrical components under the seat.

On the S/N plate it is stated "Reconditioned By Club Car"

I don't believe the body is the original to this frame.

I found under the dash a sticker which serial numbers have been destroyed, but a letter and another plate has been removed that was riveted to the dash.

I finally figured out how to attach a photo here.

Below is the sticker and plate.

On the internet I found this;
              Club Car Serial Number Lookup
                  • Inside or under the passenger side glove box – Precedent (2004 & up)
                  • Under the passenger side glove box – DS (1981 & up)
                  • Under the driver side seat on the frame – Pre-DS (1975-1980)
              Every instruction I've read on finding the actual Year Date says the first two numbers represent the year made. ​
              Those numbers on my plate are 1 8. So maybe it is January of 1980?
              With out a doubt I have an old car as looking at the electrical components.

Photos Attached

This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

That makes complete sense now! You can disregard the reconditioned tag as it doesn’t affect the original serial information. It looks like the original metal stamped tag might have been removed, but the old style barcode tag still carries the same original number even though it was partially removed. I managed to scan that number from the picture you posted and came up with the original serial number, when run through the Club Car serial number decoder it returned the following information (see attached photo)

Photos Attached

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Wow! I'm glad you had success with the bar code. I did try that at one time with no success. I probably didn't have the correct app to make it work.
                  It doesn't may since to me that the serial No. on the sticker was destroyed and a plate next to the sticker had been remove.
                  And why would Club Car put a serial No. on the tag that's on the floor if it didn't mean anything.
                  It just caused a lot of confusion to me.
                  ​​​​​​​I appreciate your help and go with what your search produced.
                  I'll lay it aside now and not think about it anymore.
                  thank you sir.

Comment

I’m convinced you’re some kind of wizard, G, seriously, you make it look effortless golfcartg
                    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X