Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Hi. I have an RHOX Aviator 4 steering wheel I bought for my 2016 EZGO TXT.
    The problem is the bolts they sent to secure the steering wheel to the adapter were super soft metal and were stripping with the allen wrench. THe screws are ruined.
    Does anyone know where I can find replacement screws ?

They are M5-8 3 1/2" long Painhead. Stainless with allen wrench heads.

I've tried so far.
    Lowes, Ace hardware, Home Depot, AutoZone, Bolts.com, the company that makes the steeringwheel
    and have struck out on each. At this point not sure where to turn.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Jerry

One practical solution is to look for local or online specialty fastener stores like Fastenal or McMaster-Carr which often have a more extensive selection of screws and bolts than the usual stores. These stores typically offer customer service that can help you locate the exact hardware you need. Additionally, industrial supply stores such as Grainger or MSC Industrial Supply cater to professional needs and may have a broader range of fasteners in various sizes and materials.

If you can't find the exact screws, consider replacing the hardware with the best available option from a local store, even if they aren't a perfect match. Once the steering wheel is securely attached, you can consider returning it to the retailer for a refund, if they ask for an explanation, let them know the situation citing the quality of the provided screws as the reason. Then, purchase another steering wheel, preferably from a different manufacturer.

Alternatively, check for people selling the entire steering wheel second hand on websites like ebay, Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, which you could strip down for the necessary hardware. If replacing the screws becomes too cumbersome, it might be simpler to purchase a different steering wheel known for better quality and compatible hardware so you won’t face the same issue again. You're on the right path though
    Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Michael Eddie
      One practical solution is to look for local or online specialty fastener stores like Fastenal or McMaster-Carr which often have a more extensive selection of screws and bolts than the usual stores. These stores typically offer customer service that can help you locate the exact hardware you need. Additionally, industrial supply stores such as Grainger or MSC Industrial Supply cater to professional needs and may have a broader range of fasteners in various sizes and materials.

If you can't find the exact screws, consider replacing the hardware with the best available option from a local store, even if they aren't a perfect match. Once the steering wheel is securely attached, you can consider returning it to the retailer for a refund, if they ask for an explanation, let them know the situation citing the quality of the provided screws as the reason. Then, purchase another steering wheel, preferably from a different manufacturer.

Alternatively, check for people selling the entire steering wheel second hand on websites like ebay, Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, which you could strip down for the necessary hardware. If replacing the screws becomes too cumbersome, it might be simpler to purchase a different steering wheel known for better quality and compatible hardware so you won’t face the same issue again. You're on the right path though
      I agree.. but RHOX is supposed to be a very high quality manufacturer... Looks like they just use crap bolts.
      I tried bolts.com but will try some of the other places you recommended.

Comment

This??
        Steering wheel bolt will work with: OMP, NRG, MOMO, ZERO MASS, NARDI, SPARCO, and MANY other personal steering wheels. 6 Pieces Stainless Steel Steering Wheel Screws (flat type).

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X